A reference sound behind its strong visual statement
This is Volterra, full, pristine sound, unconventional electro-acoustic solutions with a distinctive Italian design.
A floor standing loudspeaker design which embodies the heritage of the Rosso Fiorentino brand and its own, now classic and unmistakable style.
Aesthetically, the Volterra series 2 retains most of its original shape and proportions appearing similar to its predecessor. However, it is actually entirely redesigned featuring all the elements of our most recent engineering developments.
Volterra sports a modular enclosure design and was amongst the first Rosso speakers to implement the concept of using mechanically different materials in one composite structure where each material absorbs and damps the resonant frequency of another material in the system. The result of this ‘team work’ is a cabinet incredibly still and firm where panel vibration modes are drastically reduced revealing great micro and macro dynamic details in the sound.
This concept has been further developed in the Volterra series 2 by adding extra aluminium panels on the sides, new and advanced internal damping pads and a bracing system that, implementing a firm connection with the midwoofer and lower woofer magnet, significantly reduces the transmission of unwanted vibrations from these drivers to their front baffles. In addition, each module (upper-middle-lower) is further isolated from the others by the use of rubber inserts that join the modules without putting them directly in contact with each other.
Hybrid vented / closed box system
THERE IS LIFE ABOVE 20kHz
2.5-way rear-ported/close box floorstanding system
Recommended amplifier power
70w – 200w into 8Ω with unclipped sound signal
- multi-layer composite construction comprised of aluminium panels, solid HDF fiberboard and rubber damping elements
- 3 different internal absorbent materials
- Height: 1066mm (42 in) incl. plinth and spikes
- Width: 279mm (11 in)
- Depth: 315mm (12.4in) – 375mm (14,8in) incl. plinth
- 1 x ribbon diaphragm ultrasonic generator
- 1 x ø 28mm (1.1 in) silk dome neodymium tweeter
- 1 x ø 165mm (6.5 in) Nomex diaphragm woofer
- 1 x ø 200mm (8 in) Nomex diaphragm woofer
40 Kg (88.2 lb) each
Frequency response (±3dB)
38 Hz – 100 kHz (typical in-room bass resp. -6dB @35Hz)
- black matte coated aluminium front baffle
- exclusive RF silky matte black coating
- leather covering on middle lateral panels
- High gloss black
- natural Italian walnut
- Custom leather covering